See an opening at Freire Schools that would be a perfect fit for someone you know? Refer them using the form below and earn a $1,000 cash reward if your friend is hired! This opportunity is open to everyone—refer a friend today!
The Referral Reward program offers the opportunity to both employees and individuals outside of the Freire Schools network to receive a one-time payment of $1,000 for the referral of a candidate who is successfully hired by Freire Schools.
What makes a quality teacher referral?
- Freire Schools staff members are forward-thinking team players passionate about working with and unleashing the potential of urban youth.
- We seek candidates who value diversity, are highly motivated, and who will demand excellence from themselves and their students.
- All candidates for teaching positions must have:
- A completed Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, with a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Proof of teaching certification in appropriate state and subject area that is complete or in progress.
- Previous successful experience working with urban youth.
- In order to be eligible for a referral bonus:
- You must be an individual person (not a business entity) and a legal resident of the United States who is at least 18 years of age.
- You cannot be associated with or a consultant of a staffing/recruiting agency.
- All current employees within the Freire Schools network are eligible to participate in the referral reward program except for the following:
- CEOs / Heads of Schools.
- Staff members who are the hiring manager for the position they are referring for.
- Your referral candidate:
- Cannot be a current or former Freire Schools employee or student.
- Cannot be yourself.
- You must notify your referral candidate that Freire Schools may be in touch to discuss hiring opportunities.
- The referral must be submitted before the candidate has been offered a position within the Freire Schools Network.
- If you meet the eligibility requirements and qualify for a referral reward, Freire Schools will pay you a one-time reference payment of $1,000, provided that this hired candidate:
- Acknowledges in their job application that they were referred by you.
- Completes 90 days of continuous active employment within the Freire Schools network.
Full-time employees of Freire Schools Philadelphia campuses and the Network Office are eligible to receive:
- Premium-Free Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage for themselves and their dependents. Medical coverage is a PPO through a top-rated insurance provider.
- Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA), which helps minimize out-of-pocket costs incurred by them or their dependents, including deductible costs up to a certain threshold.
- 403B Retirement Plan with a 5% gross employer monthly contribution.
- Flex-Spending Account, an elective account where employees can arrange to pay for allowable out-of-pocket medical expenses, childcare, or elder care with tax free dollars.
- Plus Disability Insurance, Life Insurance (including $15K in employer-provided), pre-tax Commuter Benefits, and more!